- General Description
- CO2 Laser.
- Emits infrared radiation at wavelength λ = 10.6 μm
- Class IV Laser. Used to burn holes through things. Can seriously burn skin & burst retina.
- Always wear safety goggles that will block 10.6 μm light
- Simplified Operating Instructions
- Turning on the laser:
- Turn on the laser warning light.
- Move the Shutter switch to the open position
- Turn on the DC Power supply
- Turn the keyswitch to the on position. The power LED should light up.
- If the keyswitch was already on, turn it off then back on again to reset things.
- The "LASE LED" should dimly light up for about 5 seconds.
- Apply a PWM command signal (+5VDC, 5kHz square wave) to the laser's CTRL connector.
- Slowly increase the duty cycle of the signal. The "LASE LED" should get brighter.
- Turning off the laser:
- Reduce the PWM duty cycle. The "LASE LED" should get dimmer again.
- Move the Shutter Switch to the closed position.
- Turn off the DC Power supply.
Laser Controller Manual